How to cook Creole Fried Fish with Thyme Butter Sauce
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Rinse fish, pat dry.
- In a large dish season fish with creole seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat add butter and extra virgin olive oil.
- While the oil-butter mixture heats up, lightly toss fillets in flour and pat excess flour off of fillets.
- Fry fillets 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add fresh thyme, lemon zest and juice to pan juices, mix well and pour over fillets.
- Serve with steamed plain rice or mash potatoes.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
The Creole Fried Fish with Thyme Butter Sauce recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Creole Fried Fish with Thyme Butter Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Creole Fried Fish with Thyme Butter Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed