How to cook Creole Fried Whitefish with Roasted Veggies
- 4 whitefish fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 pound asparagus spears, remove hard bottom stems
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced in 4
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 stick butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Toss asparagus, bell peppers and jalapeno in a little olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix remaining seasonings and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry fillets, add olive oil on both sides of fish, sprinkle seasonings, lemon zest and juice.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of butter and olive oil in a medium skillet. Add fillets and cook for about 4 minutes over medium high heat. Place pan in oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- Broil for about 1-2 minutes. Pour pan sauce over fish and vegetables when done.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
The Creole Fried Whitefish with Roasted Veggies recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Creole Fried Whitefish with Roasted Veggies serves/makes: 4 servings
The Creole Fried Whitefish with Roasted Veggies recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed