How to cook Creole Rock Lobster Tails
- 8 frozen rock lobster tails (about 8 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered, peeled
- 2 (10-ounce) cans tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Check the weight of each lobster tail. Place, unthawed, in kettle. Add boiling salted water to cover, allowing 1 teaspoon salt per quart of water. Boil, allowing 3 minutes longer than ounce weight of largest tail; for example, 11 minutes for an 8-ounce tail; therefore entire batch cooks for 11 minutes.
- Drain; with scissors, split, cut through the undershell of each tail, fingers between top shell and meat. Pull out meat. Cut into big pieces. Save shells.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or skillet. Saute green peppers and onions until tender. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, parsley, and seasoning salt. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lobster meat and saute for about 3 minutes more. Fill shells with tomato-lobster mixture and serve hot.
The Creole Rock Lobster Tails recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Creole Rock Lobster Tails serves/makes: 8 servings
The Creole Rock Lobster Tails recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed