How to cook Creole Simmered Abalone
- 1 pound pounded, bite size pieces of abalone
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 shakes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry abalone quickly in 3 tablespoons butter.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter, add tomato sauce, 2 shakes Tabasco sauce, dry sherry, celery salt, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Simmer 1/2 hour.
- Add Abalone and stir over low heat until blended.
This recipe for Creole Simmered Abalone serves/makes: 6
The Creole Simmered Abalone recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered