3 - 4 servings
How to cook Crispy Asuhos with Cilantro-Butter Sauce
- 12 ounces frozen boneless (butterfly style) asuhos fish (Silver Sillago)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 2 tablespoons Knorr seasoning or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked peppercorn
- Oil for frying
- Cilantro-Butter sauce (see the recipe below)
Cilantro Butter Ingredients:
- To make sure you don't get any of that frozen taste, wash and clean the boneless asuhos and gently squeeze water out of it.
- In a large bowl, combine calamansi juice, knorr seasoning, and pepper. Mix well.
- Marinate boneless asuhos in the calamansi-knorr seasoning mixture for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Dredge each piece of boneless asuhos in flour and then fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- To turn this wonderful Cilantro Butter into sauce, just microwave for a few seconds until it melts.
- Serve the crispy asuhos with Cilantro Butter Sauce on the side.
How to cook Cilantro Butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream room temp butter.
- Add salt and cilantro leaves. Mix well.
- Use in fish, grilled corn, steaks, or pork.
The Crispy Asuhos
with Cilantro-Butter Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Asuhos or Asohos fish (It's a Filipino fish, but it's called Silver Sillago in English) .
Asuhos boneless fillets are perfect for frying because it’s thin and it gets crispy even when you fry it for a only short period of time.
This recipe for Crispy Asuhos with Cilantro-Butter Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Crispy Asuhos with Cilantro-Butter Sauce recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed