How to cook Crispy Baked Orange Roughy with Salsa
- 4 orange roughy (or other firm, white-fleshed fish) fillets, about 4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
Tropical Fruit Salsa:
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, cut lengthwise in half, pitted and chopped
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- To make salsa - mix all ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Melt butter in oven in 13x9-inch pan. Mix Bisquick, cornmeal, chili powder and salt.
- Dip fish into egg, then coat with Bisquick mixture. Place in pan.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes; turn fish. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve the Baked Orange Roughy with Tropical Fruit Salsa.
The Crispy Baked Orange Roughy with Salsa recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Crispy Baked Orange Roughy with Salsa serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crispy Baked Orange Roughy with Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Baked