6 - 8 servings
How to cook Crispy Deep Fried Calamari Rings
- 2 1/2 pounds squid tubes, cleaned and sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges to serve
- In deep fryer or in a high-side saucepan on medium heat bring the oil up to a temperature of 350°F (180°C).
- Check your temperature with a candy thermometer or until a small cube of bread sizzles and turns golden when dropped into it.
- Put the squid rings in a bowl, add flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add 1/4 cup of cold water and whisk with a fork.
- Working in batches, dip each squid ring in egg mixture then transfer to breadcrumbs, covering the squid ring completely and pressing lightly to adhere.
- Gently add into hot oil one by one (to prevent clumping) and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes per batch.
- Place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the Crispy Deep Fried Calamari Ringsat once with lemon wedges.
The Crispy Deep Fried Calamari Rings
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Crispy Deep Fried Calamari Rings serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Crispy Deep Fried Calamari Rings recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried