How to cook Crispy Deep Fried Mullet Fillets
- 2 pounds mullet fillets
- oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the mullet fillets into 4-inch strips set aside.
- Combine vinegar, tarragon and lime juice in a flat-bottom container with a lid.
- Place the fish mullet strips in vinegar marinade.
- Close lid tightly and chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine salt, pepper, flour, cornmeal and paprika mix well.
- Remove fish from marinade and dredge in flour mixture.
- Deep fry fish in hot oil at 375 degrees F for approximately 4 - 5 minutes or until fish is golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve the Crispy Deep Fried Mullet Fillets with your favorite sauce.
The Crispy Deep Fried Mullet Fillets is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 20 minutes.
Pompano, Spanish mackerel
are excellent substitutes for mullet.
This recipe for Crispy Deep Fried Mullet Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Crispy Deep Fried Mullet Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried