How to cook Crispy Fried Mullet
- 4 mullet fillets, about 4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup self-rising corn meal mix
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In large skillet, heat 1 inch oil over medium heat to 350°F (180°C).
- In shallow bowl, combine egg and water; beat well. In medium bowl, combine corn meal mix and pepper; mix well.
- Coat each mullet fillet with corn meal mixture. Dip in egg mixture; coat again with corn meal mixture.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
The Crispy Fried Mullet recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Crispy Fried Mullet serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crispy Fried Mullet recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed