6 - 8 servings
How to cook Crispy Fried Whole Catfish
- 1 whole catfish (about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds), cleaned and skinned with head
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- Corn oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 ounce low sodium soy sauce
- 3 dried hot chili peppers
- 2 green onions
- 2 ounces cooked snow peas
- 1/2 cup baby pear tomatoes
- Score fish diagnoally. Wash and dry the fish. (Drying is important to prevent splashing). Season with salt and pepper and roll in potato starch. Fry for 10 to 12 minutes (5 minutes per pound) at 350°F (180°C) in corn oil.
- While fish is frying, make the sauce by reducing the sugar, red wine vinegar, soy and chilies in a saucepan.
- Place sauce on plate. Remove the fried catfish. Place on sauce on plate.
- Garnish the Crispy Fried Whole Catfish with snow peas, green onions and pear tomatoes.
The Crispy Fried Whole Catfish recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Crispy Fried Whole Catfish serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Crispy Fried Whole Catfish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed