How to cook Crispy Oven-Fried Cod
- 2 pounds center-cut cod or scrod fillet
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 390°F (200°C).
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with a paper towels.
- Cut into serving-size pieces.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Dip each piece of fish in the flour-egg mixture, then dredge in breadcrumbs to coat completely and
- lay in a baking dish. (DON’T grease the dish with oil – we try to make a healthy food.)
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve the oven-fried cod hot with an easy side dish of your choice.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes and pickles.
The Crispy Oven-Fried Cod
recipe easy to cook - healthy as well.
This recipe for Crispy Oven-Fried Cod serves/makes: 6 servings
The Crispy Oven-Fried Cod recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked