How to cook Crispy Oven Baked Snapper Fillets
- 4 snapper fillets, about 6 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (like Frank's Red Hot or Louisiana brands)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups corn bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil and evenly spread cooking oil.
- On a piece of wax paper, mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- In small bowl beat egg white, hot sauce and buttermilk together.
- On another piece of wax paper, place corn bread crumbs.
- Coat each snapper fillet lightly with flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Dip floured fillets into milk mixture and allow excess to drip back into bowl.
- Press wet fillets into bread crumbs firmly, coating on both sides.
- Arrange coated fillets fairly close together on baking sheet and put in oven.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
The Crispy Oven Baked Snapper Fillets recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook. This is really good with catfish or whiting fillets too!
This recipe for Crispy Oven Baked Snapper Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crispy Oven Baked Snapper Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked