How to cook Crispy Oven Fried Orange Roughy
- 4 fresh or frozen (thawed) orange roughy (haddock, cod or other firm, white-fleshed fish) fillets, about 4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- Dash ground red pepper
- Dash chili powder
- 2/3 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- Lemon slices and chives for garnish (optional)
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt or sour cream, mustard, chives, pepper, and chili powder.
- Coat the fish fillets on all sides with mixture, roll in bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Place the fish fillets on prepared baking sheet, tucking under any thin edges so fish cooks evenly. Drizzle fish with melted butter.
- Bake in a 450°F (230°C). oven for 6 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve the Crispy Oven Fried Orange Roughy immediately, if desired garnish with lemon slices and chives.
The Crispy Oven Fried Orange Roughy recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Crispy Oven Fried Orange Roughy serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crispy Oven Fried Orange Roughy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Baked