How to cook Crispy Pan Fried Trout Fillets
- 4 Norwegian trout (steelhead or salmon) fillets, about 5 ounces each
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon butter for frying
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the trout fillets in flour, then dip in beaten egg and roll over breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet on high and when it’s hot place the fillets and fry over medium-high heat until crisp and golden brown, for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve the fried trout fillets hot with fried potatoes and fresh vegetables.
The Crispy Pan Fried Trout Fillets
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Crispy Pan Fried Trout Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crispy Pan Fried Trout Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed