How to cook Crispy Pecan Tilapia Fillets
- 4 tilapia (catfish, flounder or snapper) fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Mix milk, salt and Tabasco in a bowl large enough for all the fillets. Wash the tilapia fillets under cold running water and place into milk mixture. Allow them to sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Just before cooking, drain the fillets then roll them in the cornmeal until covered.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Fry cornmeal covered fillets until crispy brown (don't crowd pan), about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan with a slotted spatula, drain on paper towels. Repeat until all fish is fried. Keep warm.
- Pour grease out of skillet, and add the remaining butter. Place over medium heat, and when it has melted, add the nuts. Stir constantly while the pecans brown. Add lemon juice and parsley and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon sauce over the fried tilapia fillets and serve immediately.
The Crispy Pecan Tilapia Fillets recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Crispy Pecan Tilapia Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crispy Pecan Tilapia Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed