How to cook Crispy Scallops with Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops, sliced in half horizontally and patted dry
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumb
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
Soy Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold scallops in a single layer over a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, vegetable oil, sesame oil and soy sauce until creamy.
- In a shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, sesame seeds and ginger.
- Add the scallops to the egg white mixture, tossing to coat well.
- Coat each scallop with the bread crumb mixture and place on prepared rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until outsides are golden and centers are opaque.
- Prepare dipping sauce by combining ingredients and serve along side of the baked scallops.
The Crispy Scallops with Soy Dipping Sauce recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Nutritional Value Per Serving:
Calories: 289, Fat: 10, Sat Fat: 1, Protein: 32, Fiber: 1, Sodium: 755, Carbohydrates: 17.
WW points: 6.
This recipe for Crispy Scallops with Soy Dipping Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crispy Scallops with Soy Dipping Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Baked