3 - 4 servings
How to cook Crispy Tilapia Sticks
- 1 pound thick tilapia fillets, each piece sliced lengthwise into 3 to 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooking oil for frying
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper in a bowl mix well.
- Rub the mixture all over the sliced tilapia fillets.
- Meanwhile, pour the oil in a deep cooking pot. Turn on the heat and start to heat up the oil.
- Dip the tilapia fillet in the bowl with beaten egg then dredge the tilapia in Panko breadcrumbs. ake sure that the tilapia is well coated. To save more breadcrumbs and for better coating, you can place the breadcrumbs in a container with cover.
- Simply put 2 to 3 pieces if tilapia fillet in the container with breadcrumbs, cover it, and then shake the container back and forth. You will see that the tilapia will be coated properly.
- Put the breaded tilapia into the hot oil and start to deep fry the fish until the color turns golden brown. Use medium heat in this step.
- Remove the deep fried crispy tilapia sticks from the cooking pot and place on a plate lined with paper towel.This will absorb the excess oil.
- Transfer the crispy tilapia sticks in a serving plate and serve immediately.
- Goes well with ranch dressing or tartar sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
The Crispy Tilapia Sticks is a delicious crispy flavorful tilapia fillet dish. The fish is seasoned and dredged in a beading of Panko breadcrumbs, then deep fried until crispy. The Crispy Tilapia Sticks makes a delicious appetizer, also goes well as a main dish with an easy side dish and fresh vegetables.
This recipe for Crispy Tilapia Sticks serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Crispy Tilapia Sticks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried