3 - 4 servings
How to cook Crispy Whole Fish with Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 whole striped bass or red snapper (use any whole white flesh fish)
- 4 tablespoons chopped galangal
- 6-7 red, green, yellow large chili peppers, fine chopped (the ones that are not too spicy)
- 8 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar
- 3/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Wash, clean and pat dry the fish. Dust it with flour.
- Deep fry the whole fish, set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the chopped garlic and colored chopped chilies with about 2 tablespoons of oil. (You can even chop the chilies and the garlic together in a mini food prep plus food processor.)
- In a saucepan heat the above garlic/chili/oil mixture and the chopped galangal.
- Cook for a minute and then add palm sugar. Cook it for about 2 minutes.
- Add tamarind paste, fish sauce, and dark soy sauce.
- Boil this mixture on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes till it is thick.
- Place a little of the garlic chili sauce on the base of the serving platter then place the fish on top and then pour the rest of the sauce on top off and around the fish.
- Serve the Crispy Whole Fish with Thai Chili Sauce (Pla Lard Prik) immediately with white jasmine rice.
The Crispy Whole Fish with Thai Chili Sauce
(Pla Lard Prik
) is a classic Thai dish. I just love the crunchiness of the fish that goes so well with the sweet and spicy, tangy sauce that it is smothered with. The taste of this recipe of Pla Lard Prik
is pretty spectacular.
You can use any kind of fleshy, cleaned whole fish such as stripped bass, red snapper, sea bream, and so on.
This recipe for Crispy Whole Fish with Thai Chili Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Crispy Whole Fish with Thai Chili Sauce (Pla Lard Prik) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried