How to cook Croatian Savory Fish Soup
- 2 pounds eel (can be anyone or a combination of tuna, mackerel, or red mullet), cut into serving size pieces
- Chopped parsley
- 1 ounce seasoned flour
- 1/4 pint vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons concentrated tomato puree or 1 tin tomato juice
- 2 - 3 onions, sliced
- 2 larger carrots, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- Prepare the fish and cut into 2-inch squares, coat with seasoned flour and fry in hot olive oil, then remove.
- Fry the onions until yellow and add sliced ??carrots, ??chopped garlic, parsley and the fish.
- Pour over the vinegar, tomato puree and sufficient water to cover, bring to the boil and simmer very gently for 1/2 hour, taking care not to break the fish.
- Serve the Croatian Savory Fish Soup hot with noodles or macaroni.
The Croatian name of this recipe is Brodet Od Morskih Riba
. The Croatian Savory Fish Soup is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
How to clean Eel:
Wash Eel thoroughly up to half an hour in cold clean water, followed by very careful scraping, may be necessary to remove final traces of slime. Gut the washed eels, taking care to slit the belly 1 inch or so beyond the vent in order to remove the kidney; scrub the gut cavity and wash it out carefully to remove all traces of blood from the backbone and throat, and then rinse the eels again.
This recipe for Croatian Savory Fish Soup serves/makes: 4 servings
The Croatian Savory Fish Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Eel
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
Cuisine: Other European
(more Other European