4 - 6
How to cook Crostini with Lump Crab Salad
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 to 12 (1/4-inch thick) cooled slices crostini
- Make crostini from baguette slices. Brush both sides with garlic butter and bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 6 to 7 minutes, turning once, until golden brown but not too crispy.
- Pick through crab meat to remove any bits of shell. Transfer to a nonreactive bowl. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil, roasted bell pepper, chives, basil, lemon juice and zest and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top each crostini with about 1 tablespoon crab mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
The Crostini with Lump Crab Salad recipe very easy to prepare and so good! This dish is usually served on New Year's Eve.
In Italian, “crostini” means “little toasts,” and it is a very accurate description of the food. Crostini are made by thinly slicing bread, typically plain white bread, and toasting or grilling so that it becomes crispy.
This recipe for Crostini with Lump Crab Salad serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Crostini with Lump Crab Salad recipe is adopted from The Pasadena Star News - December 26, 2007.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Salad