3 - 4
How to cook Crunchy Fish
- 1 whole fish
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) thyme
- Fine breadcrumbs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (45 to 60 mL) melted butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (45 to 60 mL) lemon juice
- In an 8-inch (20-cm) cake pan, mix together milk, salt, dry mustard, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cut fish into individual servings.
- Coat fish into milk mixture; eave to marinate, at room temperature, for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove fish from marinade; coat fish servings with breadcrumbs, until well coated.
- Butter a large enough to hold the fish plate; arrange fish servings side-by-side.
- Mix together melted butter and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle fish with melted butter, already mixed with lemon juice, using a large spoon, to well coat each fish serving.
- Microwave on 'HIGH' for 4 minutes per pound (454 g).
- Serve immediately.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 2 to 3 hours
Cooking time: 4 minutes per pound (454 g)
Microwaved this way, fish will be crunchy on the outside, poached in the inside.
This recipe for Crunchy Fish serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Crunchy Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Microwave