How to cook Crunchy Fried Walleye Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh walleye fillets, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- In large mixing bowl, whisk egg and milk together; mix well.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine cracker crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip walleye in milk and coat with cracker crumbs.
- In heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry walleye 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Fried Seasoned Walleye Fillets hot with scallions, julienne-cut red bell pepper and lemon wedges if desired.
The Crunchy Fried Walleye Fillets is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Crunchy Fried Walleye Fillets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crunchy Fried Walleye Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed