3 - 4 servings
How to cook Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod
- 1 pound Cod fillets, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup flour, unbleached or all-purpose
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or enough to cover the bottom of a large frying pan
- Lay out the flour, beaten egg and Panko bread crumbs on 3 separate plates, or shallow pans.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. (This should only take a few minutes, watch the pan and be careful not to burn the oil).
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip the seasoned fish in the flour, then egg and then press the fish into the Panko bread crumbs, coating the fish evenly on all sides.
- Place the fish carefully in the hot pan and reduce the heat to medium, but keep it at a sizzle.
- When the first side is nicely browned (about 2-3 minutes) and the fish is turned over, you may need to reduce the heat to low, but keep the oil at a sizzle. Reducing the heat will avoid the fish from burning, and will cook it evenly all the way through.
- When both sides are evenly browned, remove the fish from the hot oil and serve Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod immediately.
- Goes well with roasted asparagus.
Tired of boring fish for dinner? This recipe for Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod
will take your fish to a whole new delicious crunchy level! Everyone knows how healthy fish is for you, but if you don’t have a delicious way to prepare it, you’re just not going to make it that often.
This fish is so scrumptious, even your pickiest eaters will love it! This simple recipe and steps will ensure your fish will turn out tender inside and crispy on the outside.
This recipe for Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod
is so easy to make and may become your new favorite way to make fish too!
This recipe for Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Crunchy Panko Crusted Cod recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed