How to cook Crunchy Scamp with Basil Cream Sauce
- For Fish:
- 2 scamp grouper fillets (or any firm, white-fleshed fish) about 6-8 ounces each and 1 inch thick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Panko (or more, depending on size of fish)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- For Basil Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (store bought or homemade)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Rinse fillets and remove any bones. Pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- Prepare dredging dishes - 1 for egg, 1 for Panko.
- Lightly salt and pepper each fillet.
- Dip each piece of fish in egg wash, then Panko. Set aside until ready to fry.
- Heat nonstick pan to medium-high. Add coconut oil to pan. When hot, place fish in pan. Cook on medium-high for about 1 minute, then reduce to medium.
- Flip fish when brown crust forms (you may need to add a bit more coconut oil to pan to ensure crunchiness).
- When bottom layer is brown (about 1 minute), turn off heat and place pan in preheated oven.
- Leave in oven for about 5 minutes - you don't want to overcook the fish!
- Meanwhile prepare Basil Cream Sauce. Heat heavy cream in a small sauce pan. When warm, whisk in the basil pesto.
- Remove the fish from oven and serve immediately with basil cream.
This Crunchy Scamp
with Basil Cream Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
Scamp is like the best Grouper you’ve ever had. It is beautiful, white, light and flaky. It’s also versatile, in that you can prepare it in a variety of ways. Its flavor profile is mild - similar to that of Halibut or Snapper.
Since you can’t find scamp readily at the supermarket, this recipe works well with any grouper or flaky, white fish.
This recipe for Crunchy Scamp with Basil Cream Sauce serves/makes: 2 servings
This Crunchy Scamp with Basil Cream Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed