How to cook Crusty Corn Trout Stuffed with Herbs
- 4 small whole mountain (cutthroat, rainbow or golden) trout, scaled and gutted
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 12 lemon slices, 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh rosemary for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Roll trout in flour. Beat egg with lemon juice. Mix cornmeal, nuts, salt, pepper, paprika and cumin. Dip floured trout into egg; then cornmeal mixture.
- In the body cavity of each fish, stuff 2 thyme sprigs, 2 oregano sprigs, 1 rosemary sprig and 3 lemon slices.
- Heat oil in skillet to medium. Cook trout, turning once, until both sides are brown; about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the Crusty Corn Trout Stuffed with Herbs hot with rosemary sprig and lemon slices.
The Crusty Corn Trout Stuffed with Herbs recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Crusty Corn Trout Stuffed with Herbs serves/makes: 4 servings
The Crusty Corn Trout Stuffed with Herbs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed