4 - 6
How to cook Cuban Cod Pudding (Pudin de Bacalao)
- 1 pound salted cod fish, desalted, cooked, and flaked
- 4 medium-size all-purpose potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup drained canned early sweet peas
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cracker meal or fine bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the potatoes in a medium size saucepan with salted water to cover over medium heat and cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and shake the pan over medium heat to evaporate any remaining moisture.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the potatoes into a puree.
- Add the flaked cod fish, butter, cream, and eggs, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the garnish, mix well, and set aside. (Recipe can be prepared ahead up to this point and refrigerated for several hours.)
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8-inch ovenproof casserole (or one that will accommodate the mixture comfortably) and spoon in the potato mixture.
- Bake on the middle oven rack until golden and puffed, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Garnish the Cuban Cod Pudding with the parsley and serve directly from the casserole.
The Cuban Cod Pudding recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Cuban name for this recipe is Pudin de Bacalao
This recipe for Cuban Cod Pudding (Pudin de Bacalao) serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Cuban Cod Pudding (Pudin de Bacalao) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked