How to cook Cuban Fish Stock (Caldo de Pescado)
- 2 to 3 pounds fish trimmings (no skins)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- few sprigs fresh parsley
- Place all the ingredients in a large stockpot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, skimming any scum that accumulates.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, partially covered 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the stock through a fine strainer.
- The stock will keep in the refrigerator 1 to 2 days and can be frozen.
The Cuban Fish Stock recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Cuban name for this recipe is Caldo de Pescado
This recipe for Cuban Fish Stock (Caldo de Pescado) serves/makes: 8 cups
The Cuban Fish Stock (Caldo de Pescado) recipe is adopted from The Doll's Kitchen by Julio Rodríguez.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew