How to cook Cuban Grandma's Fish Soup
- 2 pounds sole (or cod) fillets, tied in cheesecloth
- 1/3 cup pure olive oil
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 10 springs fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Few dashes of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cups fish stock or clam juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large casserole, heat the oil over low heat, then cook the onion, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring, 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the lime, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the fish with a slotted spoon and flake. Set it aside.
- In a food processor, puree the soup in several batches. Correct the seasonings, add the flaked fish, and serve hot or cold with a wedge of lime.
The Cuban Grandma's Fish Soup recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Cuban name for this recipe is Potaje de Pescado
This recipe for Cuban Grandma's Fish Soup serves/makes: 8
The Cuban Grandma's Fish Soup recipe is adopted from The Doll's Kitchen by Julio Rodríguez.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew