4 - 6
How to cook Cuban Nutty Roasted Red Snapper
- 4 to 6 red snapper fillets, 1/2 inch thick and about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Papaya-Mango Salsa for garnish (optional), see the recipe below
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or almond slivers for garnish (optional)
Papaya-Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Grease a jelly-roll pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place fillets on pan.
- Brush fillets with 2 tablespoons clarified butter, then sprinkle with thyme, pepper and salt.
- Bake just until fish turns opaque in center and begins to flake.
- If desired, spoon salsa in center of heated plates. Using wide spatula, place fillets on top and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds or almond slivers.
How to cook Papaya-Mango Salsa
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 mango, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Papaya seeds to taste (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.
The Cuban Nutty Roasted Red Snapper recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cuban Nutty Roasted Red Snapper serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Cuban Nutty Roasted Red Snapper recipe is adopted from the Nuevo Cubano Cooking by Sue Mullin - 2003.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked