How to cook Cuban Shrimp Papaya and Avocado Salad
- 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimps
- 1 large ripe papaya, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large, ripe avocado or 2 smaller Haas avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salad greens for lining platter (optional)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook the shrimps over medium-high heat in boiling, salted water barely to cover until pink, about 3 minutes. Drain well then cool.
- On a large platter lined with salad greens, arrange the shrimp in the center and the avocado and papaya along the sides. Sprinkle with the onion, salt, and pepper, drizzle the dressing over, and serve.
The Cuban Shrimp Papaya and Avocado Salad recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Cuban name for this recipe is Ensalada de Camarones Fruta Bomba y Aguacate
This recipe for Cuban Shrimp Papaya and Avocado Salad serves/makes: 4
The Cuban Shrimp Papaya and Avocado Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Salad