How to cook Cucumber Stuffed Trout
- 4 small trout, about 1/2 pound each
- 1/2 cup chopped, seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 3 cups dry bread cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease
13x9-inch baking pan.
- In small skillet, cook and stir cucumber, carrot, onion, and lemon pepper in margarine or butter over medium heat until tender, about 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Blend in water and bouillon granules. Heat to boiling. Add parsley. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, stir bread cubes into vegetables until coated. Place trout in prepared pan. Stuff each trout with 1/4 of bread mixture.
- If desired, brush fish with 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter before baking.
- Bake until fish flakes easily at backbone, about 20 minutes.
The Cucumber Stuffed Trout recipe easy to cook and so good!
Alternative small whole fish, such as catfish or pink salmon
This recipe for Cucumber Stuffed Trout serves/makes: 4 servings
The Cucumber Stuffed Trout recipe is adopted from The New Cleaning & Cooking Fish By Sylvia G. Bashline.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked