6 - 8 serving as appetizer
How to cook Cured Salmon with Charred Jalapeno Cream
- 1 high-quality sashimi grade salmon fillet (6-8 ounces), skin on
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tequila blanco
- 1 lime, ends removed and cut into 8 thin slices
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 bag pop chips (or tortilla chips or toast points)
- 1 cup charred jalapeno cream (see the recipe follows)
Charred Jalapeno Cream Ingredients:
- To make 2 cups of cure: Mix together 1 cup of salt, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of black pepper. Reserve.
- Rinse salmon under cold running water, dry thoroughly.
- TPour tequila over salmon and rub lightly into the skin - let drain, but do not wipe dry.
- TLine baking sheet or plate with plastic wrap.
- TPlace 1 cup sugar-salt cure on plastic wrap.
- TPlace 4 sprigs cilantro on sugar-salt cure followed by four lime slices and then top with the salmon - skin side down.
- Top salmon with 1 cup sugar-salt cure followed by remaining cilantro and lime.
- Wrap everything up tightly in plastic.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours unwrap salmon, rinse under cold running water and dry thoroughly.
- Slice salmon thinly and layer on pop chips. Drizzle with jalapeño cream.
How to cook Charred Jalapeno Cream
- 3-4 fresh whole jalapenos
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Char the jalapenos on all sides in a hot cast iron skillet with a little bit of olive oil.
- Let cool then remove seeds, stem, and membranes.
- Chop remaining flesh and put into a base of a small food processor with remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
The Cured Salmon with Charred Jalapeno Cream
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Cured Salmon with Charred Jalapeno Cream serves/makes: 6 - 8 serving as appetizer
The Cured Salmon with Charred Jalapeno Cream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Appetizer