How to cook Curried Halibut Steaks
- 2 pounds (1 kg) halibut steaks (into 3/4-inch / 2-cm thick slices)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 mL) chopped gray shallot
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) catsup
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly made orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon (7.5 L) curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 orange sections, skin removed
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs
- Brush halibut steaks with olive oil salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Into a casserole, melt butter or margarine.
- Add and cook gray shallots for 1 minute (do not color).
- Pour in white wine and cream.
- Reduce by approximately 1/4th, until creamy.
- Into a bowl, mix together minced garlic, catsup, grated orange rind, orange juice and curry powder whip vigourously into creamy sauce.
- Reserve sauce, hot.
- Warm-up a grill or a streaked, heavy saucepan, until really hot.
- Brown salmon steaks for 2 minutes on each side, then bake into a preheated 180°C (350°F) oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Arrange salmon steaks onto really hot serving plates.
- Serve sauce into a sauceboat or spooned all around salmon steaks.
- Serve each salmon steak garnished with 3 orange sections and a sprig of parsley.
This recipe for Curried Halibut Steaks serves/makes: 4
The Curried Halibut Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Baked