How to cook Curried Mango Soup with Lobster
- 8 ounces lobster meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup pureed ripe mango
- 1 cup aseptically packed mango nectar (not canned mango pulp)
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Penang-style red curry paste, available at some supermarkets and Asian groceries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon grass
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced ripe mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper or a combination of bell pepper and hot red chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine pureed mango, mango nectar, coconut milk, curry paste, lemon grass, ginger root and brown sugar an electric blender and puree until completely smooth. Pour soup through fine strainer into a bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster and saute until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes, turning frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour on rum, if using, and cook over high heat for 30 seconds. Scrape into the soup.
- For the Mango Salsa: Combine remaining mango, red pepper, basil and lime juice in a bowl.
- Divide soup among four large, flat bowls. Top each with a generous spoonful of mango salsa and serve.
The Curried Mango Soup with Lobster recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Curried Mango Soup with Lobster serves/makes: 4
The Curried Mango Soup with Lobster recipe is adopted from The Soup for Every Body by Joanna Pruess - 2004.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew