4 - 6
How to cook Curried Salmon
- 2 pounds (1 kg) fresh salmon
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) white wine, water or half wine, half water
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry powder
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter
- 3 tablespoons (26.25 g) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- In a 12-cup (3-L) microwave-safe dish, pour white wine, water or half wine, half water.
- Cover and microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 4 minutes, until boiling.
- Well mix in salt, bay leaves and rice.
- Cover and microwave on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM', for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven leave to rest for 10 minutes, covered.
- In a bowl, melt 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter at 'HIGH', for 2 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix in curry powder.
- Leave salmon whole or cut it into 4 thick steaks.
- Roll salmon into hot curried butter.
- Cover dish microwave salmon on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM', for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender keep salmon warm.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, melt remaining 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter on 'MAXIMUM', for 1 minute.
- Mix in flour, until well blended.
- Pour in milk and cream microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Beat egg yolks and mix in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of hot sauce then mix into remaining hot sauce.
- Whip sauce.
- Microwave sauce on 'MEDIUM' for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon cooked rice onto a hot, serving plate.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer salmon in the center of cooked rice, onto serving plate.
- Pour sauce all over salmon.
- If needed, reheat dish for 2 minutes on 'MEDIUM', before serving.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
This recipe for Curried Salmon serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Curried Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Microwave