4 to 6
How to cook Curried Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen giant pink shrimps, shelled
- 8 ounces (227 g) broccoli floweriest
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) caraway seeds
- Salt, to taste
- 1 generous pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces (56 g) salted peanuts, slivered almonds or cashew nuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Into a 10-cup (2.5-L) microwave-safe casserole, mix together broccoli floweriest, grated carrot, minced onion and crushed garlic.
- Into a bowl, mix together vegetable oil, honey, curry powder, caraway seeds, salt and Cayenne pepper pour over vegetables.
- Cover and microwave for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', stirring at half-time.
- Arrange frozen shrimps into a large, shallow microwave-safe dish cover and thaw shrimps for 6 to 7 minutes on 'MINIMUM', stirring twice.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes rinse and dry shrimps.
- Mix thawed shrimps into vegetables cover and refrigerate salad for 3 to 4 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Mix in salted peanuts, almonds or cashew nuts.
- Arrange lettuce leaves into a large, shallow salad bowl.
- Top with salad.
Oven: 700 watts
Waiting time: 10 minutes
For a nourishing meal, serve this salad with a rice salad.
This recipe for Curried Shrimp Salad serves/makes: 4 to 6
The Curried Shrimp Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Salad