4 - 5 servings
How to cook Curry Cod with Bell Pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cod fillets, preferably cod loin* (or any firm, white-fleshed fish fillets)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger
- 1 medium chili pepper (I had 1/2 large chili pepper)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 ounces water
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 cup cream, 20% fat
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- Lime wedges to serve
- Rinse the cod fillets under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into small pieces.
- To make curry paste: blend garlic, ginger, chili, curry and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, add chopped onions and stir fry over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add curry paste and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Then add tomatoes and bell peppers and continue to stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add water, bring to a boil. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until bell peppers is just tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cod fillets and simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Pour cream, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute on low heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Serve the curry cod with lime wedges and freshly steamed plain rice.
The Curry Cod
with Bell Pepper recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
*The 'cod loin' are simply cuts taken from the middle part of a filleted cod side. This is considered to be the best part of the cod.
This recipe for Curry Cod with Bell Pepper serves/makes: 4 - 5 servings
The Curry Cod with Bell Pepper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered