How to cook Czech Carp Poached with Caraway
- 4 carp fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to warm.
- Wash the carp fillets gently in cold water and dry in paper towels. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the crushed caraway seeds.
- Place the fillets in a large frying pan or pot, add the chopped onion and 1 tablespoon of the chives. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter and pour on the juice of 1 lemon and the white wine. Bring slowly to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, till done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the fish to a serving platter and keep warm in the oven. Raise the heat under the poaching liquid and reduce a little. Whisk in the remaining butter and adjust the seasonings. tablespoons Pour the sauce over the fish, sprinkle on the remaining chives, and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
The Czech Carp Poached with Caraway recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Czech Carp Poached with Caraway serves/makes: 4
The Czech Carp Poached with Caraway recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered