How to cook Czech Carp Poached with Paprika
- 4 carp fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Wash the carp fillets gently in cold water and dry in paper towels. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Fry the onion in the butter on low heat till golden.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the paprika and fry for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the juice of one lemon and the white wine or an equal quantity of water.
- Place the carp fillets in the broth, bring slowly to a bowl, and simmer till done, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the sour cream and cook for another minute.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and lemon wedges on the side.
The Czech Carp Poached with Paprika recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Czech Carp Poached with Paprika serves/makes: 4
The Czech Carp Poached with Paprika recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered