How to cook Czech Pan Fried Pike Fillets
- 4 pike (pickerel or carp) fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons
- Wash the pike fillets gently in cold water and dry in paper towels. Season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper and dredge in flour.
- Melt the butter in a large pan on medium-high heat. When the butter is hot, shake the excess flour off the fillets and put them in the pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets, shaking the pan occasionally to make sure the fish does not stick.
- Turn the pike fillets over and fry till lightly golden on the other side.
- Add most of the parsley and the juice of 1 lemon and cook for a few more seconds.
- Serve the fried pike fillets with fresh parsley sprinkled on top and lemon wedges on the side.
The Czech Pan Fried Pike Fillets recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Czech Pan Fried Pike Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Czech Pan Fried Pike Fillets recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed