How to cook Czech Pan Fried Whole Trout
- 2 small whole trout (about 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Clean and gut the trout if it has not already been prepared. Wash the fish in cold water and then dry it with paper towels. Season the trout with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cover with flour.
- Melt 3 Tbs of the butter on medium-high heat in a large frying pan. When the butter has melted and is quite hot, shake off the excess flour from the trout and put them into the pan.
- Fry them till lightly golden on one side, about 4 or 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to make sure the fish does not stick.
- Turn the trout over, add the remaining butter, and fry till golden on the other side.
- Add the parsley and juice from half the lemon. Cook for another few seconds.
- Serve the fried trout with some fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
The Czech Pan Fried Whole Trout recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Czech Pan Fried Whole Trout serves/makes: 2
The Czech Pan Fried Whole Trout recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed