How to cook Czech Perch Fillets in a Light Batter
- 4 perch (cod or whitefish) fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- Wash the perch fillets gently in cold water, dry them in paper towels, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Make the batter by mixing together the milk and eggs with some salt and pepper, then adding the flour, just enough to make a medium-thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. When the oil is hot, coat each fillet in the batter and then place in the frying pan.
- Fry the perch fillets for 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown, depending on their thickness. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the fried perch fillets with lemon wedges.
The Czech Perch Fillets in a Light Batter recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Czech Perch Fillets in a Light Batter serves/makes: 4
The Czech Perch Fillets in a Light Batter recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed