How to cook Czech Poached Carp Fillets
- 4 carp fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Season the fillets with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the crushed caraway seeds.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan on low. Fry the carp fillets very gently for no more than 2 minutes per side. Add the sliced onion and sprinkle on the cayenne pepper.
- Add the wine and lemon juice, bring to low boil. Season with salt and pepper. Poach, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the carp fillets from their liquid. Reduce the liquid on a high heat, whisking in a little more butter.
- Pour the sauce on the poached carp fillets, sprinkle them with parsley, and serve with lemon quarters and white bread.
The Czech Poached Carp Fillets recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Czech Poached Carp Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Czech Poached Carp Fillets recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered