How to cook Czech Roast Mackerel with Vegetables
- 4 mackerel fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small parsnips, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons
- Grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the parsnips and carrots. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove, and drain.
- Wash the mackerel fillets gently in cold water and dry in paper towels. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the fish in a baking dish. Add the onion, parsnips, carrots, parsley, and bay leaf. Grate on a little nutmeg. Pour on the olive oil, white wine, and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. If the sauce needs thickening, sprinkle on the bread crumbs and bake for a couple more minutes. Serve the mackerel with the vegetables on the side, covered with the sauce, and accompanied by lemon wedges.
The Czech Roast Mackerel with Vegetables recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Czech Roast Mackerel with Vegetables serves/makes: 4
The Czech Roast Mackerel with Vegetables recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Baked