How to cook Czech Trout Cooked Blue
- 4 small whole trout (about 1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 small parsnips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 4 pieces allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and gut the trout if it has not already been prepared. Wash the fish in cold water and then dry it with paper towels.
- Place the trout in a large dish. Heat up the vinegar till almost boiling, then pour it onto the fish. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Into a large pot that will hold the trout, place the diced carrots, parsnips, celeriac, onion, garlic, peppercorns, allspice, bay leaf, and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the vinegar from the fish and enough water to half fill the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the fish and cook till done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the fish and place on serving plates. Melt the butter, add the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the lemon-butter sauce on the fish, sprinkle on the parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
The Czech Trout Cooked Blue recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Czech name for this recipe is Pstruzi Na Modro
This recipe for Czech Trout Cooked Blue serves/makes: 4
The Czech Trout Cooked Blue (Pstruzi Na Modro) recipe is adopted from The Best of Czech Cooking by Peter Trnka 1996.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered