How to cook Dad's Fried Pan Fish
- 6 sole, walleye fillets or other delicate fish fillets or other pan fishe fillets (about 6 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups round buttery cracker crumbs (about 40 crackers)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Mix cracker crumbs and almonds in shallow pan. Beat eggs in another shallow pan with fork or wire whisk. Add water to eggs; beat well. Place flour in third shallow pan.
- Sprinkle the sole fillets with salt and pepper. Dip into flour, then into egg mixture. Coat with cracker crumb mixture.
- Place the fish fillets, a few at a time, in hot oil. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times, until golden brown.
- Drain on several layers of paper towels and serve hot.
The Dad's Fried Pan Fish recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Serving (1/6 of Recipe) provides: Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 200mg; Sodium 610mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g,Sugars 1g), Protein 35g; Percent Daily Value*: Calcium ; Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This recipe for Dad's Fried Pan Fish serves/makes: 6 servings
The Dad's Fried Pan Fish recipe is adopted from Pillsbury Family Gatherings.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed