How to cook Deep Fried Beer-Battered Mahi-Mahi
- 2 pounds mahi-mahi fillets, cut into serving pieces
- 2 cups deep frying oil
- 11 ounces flour + 2 ounces for breading
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups dark beer
- Baked French Fries to serve (see the recipe below)
Baked French Fries Ingredients:
- In deep fryer or in a high-side saucepan on medium-high heat bring the oil up to a temperature of 355°F (180°C).
- To prepare beer batter: mix the flour, salt, black pepper and beer. Whisk thoroughly until smooth, thick mass.
- Roll fish pieces in flour and dip into the batter. Fry about 5 - 6 minutes, or until a nice golden color.
- Drain the fried fish on paper towels.
- Serve the Deep Fried Beer-Battered Mahi-Mahi hot with Baked French Fries, malt vinegar and lemon or tartar sauce.
How to cook Baked French Fries
- 6-8 baking potatoes, (about 5 ounces each) cut into thick fries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Spray a baking tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sliced potatoes into medium bowl.
- Sprinkle potatoes with the oil and the paprika; toss to coat.
- Place coated potato slices in a single layer onto one side of prepared tray; bake 15 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and serve like a side dish.
The Deep Fried Beer-Battered Mahi-Mahi
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This is essentially a variation on the traditional Fish and Chips
recipe. Fish and Chips
(also called "fish 'n' chips"
), a popular take-away food with British origins, consists of deep-fried fish in batter or breadcrumbs with deep-fried chipped (slab-cut) potatoes.
This recipe for Deep Fried Beer-Battered Mahi-Mahi serves/makes: 6 servings
The Deep Fried Beer-Battered Mahi-Mahi recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried