How to cook Deep Fried Beer-Battered Tilapia
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into strips
- 2/3 to 1 cup strong beer
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce hard cheese (preferably Parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying
- To prepare a beer batter: combine flour, eggs, paprika, cold beer, and salt to taste.
- Mix to make a rather thin batter with the consistency of pancake batter. (You may need to add more flour or beer to get the right consistency.)
- Mix the grated cheese with breadcrumbs.
- Season the fish strips with salt and pepper.
- In deep fryer or in a high-side saucepan on medium-high heat bring the oil up to a temperature of 350°F to 375°F (180°C to 190°C).
- Dip each piece of fish fillet in the batter. Fry for about 5-6 minutes, or until nicely golden brown on both sides.
- Place the fried fish on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve at once with french fries and ketchup, tartar sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
The Deep Fried Beer-Battered Tilapia
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Deep Fried Beer-Battered Tilapia serves/makes: 6 servings
The Deep Fried Beer-Battered Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried