3 - 4
How to cook Deep Fried Catfish Fillets
- 1 pound catfish fillets, about 3/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat catfish with mixture, shaking off excess.
- Fill deep pot or 12-inch skillet half full with vegetable oil.
- Heat to 350 degrees F.
- Add catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on size.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
The Deep Fried Catfish Fillets is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Can be ready in 15 minutes.
This recipe for Deep Fried Catfish Fillets serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Deep Fried Catfish Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried