8 to 10 as a first course or 6 as an entree
How to cook Deep Fried Catfish Fingers With Spicy Sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1 inch wide strips
- 2 cups finely ground white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 quarts peanut oil for deep frying
Spicy Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- Season farm-raised catfish strips carefully with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge catfish strips in cornmeal mixture and fry in 2 inches of peanut oil heated to 375 degrees F.
- Fry in a single layer for 5 minutes, turning to cook evenly, until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Drain catfish strips on crumpled paper towel and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Prepare Spicy Dipping Sauce 1 minute before serving deep fried catfish fingers.
- Dip in Spicy Dipping Sauce and enjoy!
How to cook Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- Mix vinegar, salt, pepper, shallot, garlic, green onions and parsley in a small bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
This recipe for Deep Fried Catfish Fingers With Spicy Sauce serves/makes: 8 to 10 as a first course or 6 as an entree
The Deep Fried Catfish Fingers With Spicy Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried